In cooperation with the Kent State University Press, the Wick Poetry Center sponsors an annual poetry chapbook competition for Ohio writers, a National Teen Writing contest, as well as the Stan and Tom Wick Poetry Prize. The winning manuscripts are published by the Kent State University Press, and the winners give a public reading of their work on campus.
Ends in 6 days, 20 hours
* The competition is open to poets writing in English who have not yet published a full-length collection of poems (a volume of 50 or more pages published in an edition of 500 or more copies).
* There is a $28 reading fee.
* Submissions must consist of 50 to 70 pages of poetry with no more than one poem per page.
* The poet's name is not to appear on the manuscript. Include all contact information, including name, telephone number, address, and email address in the "cover letter" section of the submissions manager. Entries are judged anonymously. If any identifying information is found in the manuscript, the manuscript will be automatically disqualified.
* The manuscript may be submitted simultaneously to other publishers, but the poet must notify the Wick Poetry enter immediately if the manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere.
* The final judge is Jane Hirshfield.
* The winner will be announced in the summer of 2014.
* Manuscripts must be uploaded between February 1, 2014, and May 1, 2014. No late entries will be read.